Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Few More


Sun River Resort used to be Camp Abbott, built by the army to train army engineers just before we entered World War II. They were only in residence for about a year with over 10,000 troops, including WAC (women). It is reported that it was one of the worst winters in history the year they were there. The lodge was not an original building, but the Great Hall, where we held most of our meetings, was the original main building for Camp Abbott. It is a very large facility and very nice.

I don't know what I will ever do with any of my pictures so I might as well share them. The top photo is right near the front of the lodge. I did not take a picture of the lodge because they were doing construction on it and it would have made an ugly picture. You can see in this picture that they are already starting to string Christmas lights. I wish I could see it during that season!  There are large logs standing upright all over the resort that are burned - I'm quite sure they have planted those as decoration. Moss grows all over the dead wood.


 There were hundreds of geese and many more ducks. The geese were extremely noisy. If you enlarge the photo you can see them landing.
 I think the idiom is "Get your ducks in a row...." But here's geese in a row.
 We watched a goose fight.  Two geese had been sitting in a certain area most of the afternoon when all of a sudden two more came in and began to attack the two sitting there. The two who had been there were chased away.
 Wish I had known how to change the background on this to get blue sky but I didn't know how to do that on my little camera. I loved the two bridges.
 Apparently this was an old hitching post. It was covered in frost.
Last picture and then I'm done with this trip show-and-tell. A moss-covered tree makes a great frame.


1 comment:

Kaitlin Lanham said...

In that first picture that log looks like an otter laying down. haha I didn't think it was real. I love these mom. Thanks for sharing.