Monday, September 24, 2007

The snow has fallen

It finally happened. Fall has arrived. I'm not saying we may not have an indian summer still to come, but Fall has at least made a dent in our seasonality. We had a front come in Saturday afternoon and it rained here in the valley for nearly two days straight. The high temp today was in the 50s, which meant it's awfully chilly in the mountains. In fact, they said Snowbird got 8 inches of snow.

This picture was taken from my back deck, showing the gorgeous snow on the majestic Twin Peaks mountain.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

chelsey said...

I am ridiculously jealous of your weather. It was 94 degrees with who knows how much humidity out here yesterday! It was pretty much miserable. In fact, Sarah was at a neighbor's house having a waterballoon fight yesterday after school. Today is just about as bad. It's not supposed to cool down here until this weekend. Then the high will be in the 70's. I can't wait. Not even too many trees have turned colors yet. Some have, but they're mostly going brown and dying because of the dry weather they've had here all summer. Enjoy your sweaters!

Jess and Jen said...

Jen loves sweater weather!

The cooler temps are nice, but I had to scrape my windows on my car this morning. I hate that. Guess it's time to finish cleaning the garage so that both our cars fit.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Our weather is like Chelsey's. One thing I really dislike about Oklahoma is that the trees don't change colors. Last year they did a little bit but mostly they just turn brown and then the wind (which is always blowing) makes them fall off. I'm sad it is already getting cold there but I also am jealous. I wish we could all just enjoy 60-70 degree weather.

Jess and Jen said...

Oh, don't get me wrong. The daytime weather here is gorgeous. Love love love it. Last Saturday, our stake started our flag football season and it was absolutely perfect for a game. The mornings are a little chilly, but the days are glorious.