Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm a ditz!

I did the dumbest thing yesterday. I'm such a ditz.

I drove to Muscatine Iowa to do a Pampered Chef party, Muscatine, Iowa is 45 minutes South West of Iowa City. The party did so well. $650 in sales and still climbing, 4 bookings on the books for future shows, and my host signed up to be a Pampered Chef consultant right there at the show. Wow, can't get much better than that.

So I'm very excited while traveling home. Apparently not paying attention . . .

I missed my turn. I was on a split highway Hwy. 22 and Hwy. 61 and then 22 turns to the left and I missed that and followed 61, thinking that it went to I-80, no big deal. Well I-80 never came and never came. I was worried when I saw a sign that read Davenport 9 miles. I couldn't believe it. Where was I? So I pulled over and called Jason and said, "Jason, can you mapquest me home." Unbelievable. I was actually so far away. Davenport is a 60 mile drive from Iowa City to the East. Not cool.

So he mapquested me through corn fields, hidden roads, and every back road available until I get to the freeway I-80. I saw a sign that read Iowa City 34 miles, so I'm doing well I thought. So I get on the freeway.

After 10 minutes on the freeway, I realized I was heading towards Davenport once again. I was going East, not West. What a complete idiot I am. Why would I turn East? It was after 10p.m. and I needed to be home. I was at the Iowa 80 truckstop in Walcott Iowa, 45 minutes from home. So I turned around and headed home.

At 10:45 I arrived home finally. This was 1 hour and 20 minutes after I should have arrived home.

Then I had to get up at 5a.m. to teach my aerobics class. So now I'm exhausted.

3 comments:

Papa Doc said...

I'm sure you remember (vividly) how we were late for your wedding reception -- for much the same reason. Jim didn't want to go on the freeway so he convinced me to take a "shorter" route -- through towns, fields, etc. He fell to sleep and I thought I was going south when I was actually going north. We were about 25 miles too far north before we realized it -- and then had to turn around and go the other direction -- putting us almost an hour behind time. Grrrrr....... It was one stressful day. I'm glad to hear that someone else has done a similar thing -- but at least you didn't miss a wedding!!

Team Clark said...

Michelle - my favorite part of your story is that you got back on and went east AGAIN.
You're not pregnant, are you? I always do extra ditzy things at the early stages of pregnancy... :)

Michelle said...

If I am it would be a complete miracle. Maybe I should take a test, that's if I can figure out the directions.