Sunday, September 09, 2007

Hello Everybody

Busy weekend.

Friday: We all went to a Redbox and rented Freedom Writers since both Adam and Amy and Dad have recommended it. We watched it after the kids went to bed and enjoyed it. There were enough scratches that our DVD player pooped out on it a few times, so we watched the last half on our computer.

Saturday: We had a storm come through last Tuesday that caused some anxiety and tree damage. Our willow tree was one of the victims. A large branch broke off creating a bit of a mess. I spent Saturday morning in the tree with my bow saw cutting off branches. Fun. Tons.

Saturday night we had a ward activity -- our tailgate party. We all come to the parking lot, open our tailgates or hatches, share food, and have a good time. Then the guys have a flag football game. We broke the teams up into UofU supporters vs. BYU supporters. Needless to say, the BYU supporters were younger, in better shape, and better athlete. We won with no problems. What a great sport. However, I can tell I'm no longer 21. I'm feeling the pain today. Our stake flag football starts in two weeks, so I've got some time to recover.

I'm going to Missoula tomorrow for a week. I get to present at a meeting on Tuesday and then will spend a few days hiking around in the mountains of Montana. I'm excited for this trip. I figured that since February of 2004, I've been gone on business travel 39 nights. This week will add 4 more. Most the trips are 2-3 days, but this is my third trip that is 5 days or longer. Jen doesn't like these, and I don't like to be gone longer than a few days. Hopefully, the weather in Montana will be nice.

Glad to hear Michelle survived her ditzy moment and made it home. It seems like she's got tomatoes on her mind.

2 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

That is a fun activity. Our ward doesn't have very many activities--mainly a Christmas, Valentine's, Chili cookoff/trunck or treat, and a think one other one. Sorry to hear you are all achey now.

Papa Doc said...

Have a great trip to Montana. Will you be going to the Lolo Pass area or north of that? It's truly one of the most beautiful areas in the world! We loved visiting that place when we lived in Oregon.
Jen, if you need some company, head down this way -- we'd take you down here any time.
Mom