Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bourne Ultimatum

Gillian bought movie tickets for me and Jim last night. I wanted to see "Hairspray" but it wasn't playing in Payson. So we decided to go to "Bourne Ultimatum." We had seen the other two sequels and knew we would be in for a ride. I'm not going to say more about it because before I tell you what I thought about the movie, I want to get your impressions. Did any of you see the movie? What did you like about it? Was there anything you disliked? I'm just curious.
This is only the 2nd movie we have seen in a movie theatre in about 4-5 years. It has become so expensive that we just don't go -- we wait until it comes out on DVD and then have a cheap home-movie evening. Had Gillian not purchased our date night, we would not have gone. I appreciated her efforts (doing my hair, putting on my make-up, picking out my clothes, etc., etc.) very much. It was fun. When we got home she had completely cleaned up the house as well. It was a nice evening. (Kaitlin helped a bit, too.)
So tell me what you thought of the movie. There's a reason I'm asking. But I'll wait until I hear your thoughts. (Don't want to give away the plot if you haven't seen it.)
Mom

7 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I haven't seen it but have heard from everyone that has seen it that it is the best one yet. I am excited to see it. Anyone giving comments, don't give it away!

Jess and Jen said...

I also want to watch the movie. I've seen the first two and love them. I'd be happy to comment after I see it...

Team Clark said...

Sorry, Chris - we haven't see it either and we really want to, too.
We will probably wait until it comes out on dvd, unfortunately. I think the next movie to see in the theater is Shrek 3 when it hits the dollar movie - we figure that would be a fun birthday treat for Henry!

Jason said...

I haven't seen it, yet. I read the books years ago (I own two of the three) and as such was a bit disappointed in the movies. From an action standpoint, they were fun but about the only thing the movies had in common with the books is the premise of a secret agent losing his memory. I loved the books and would recommend anything by Robert Ludlum to anyone who likes the spy genre. Robert Ludlum writes in the same vein as John LeCarre. This is a great genre if you like your stories filled with paranoia and tension. A couple other good books by Ludlum are The Icarus Agenda and The Matarese Circle. I have read most of his books and they never fail to entertain.

Papa Doc said...

Well, since none of you have seen it, I won't give the plot away, but I had to sit with my eyes closed through half of it -- not because I was scared, but because of the camera action. It made me actually sick to my stomach! There are some really wild scenes with so much movement and I really hated the way the camera moved. It was an uncomfortable movie to watch. If you do go, see if you can figure out what I'm saying.
Mom

Jess and Jen said...

In #2, the car chase in Moscow was a lot like that. Crazy action that was at times hard to follow. Fun, regardless.

Mom, does this mean you're getting old?!

Papa Doc said...

No, I think it means the director got a little carried away -- it was over the top craziness in this one. The car chase in #2 was wild, but almost every other scene in this last one was over the top -- it was like being car sick (and I only got car sick when I was a little girl) -- so that means I'm still very, very young. :)