Monday, August 05, 2013

Pic Line is Gone!


Ammon got his pic-line out this morning! The doctor didn't seem concerned at all about how much he was/eating. The doctor said, "Ammon, if you'd drink some beer you might gain a little weight." (This doctor knows we are active Latter-day Saints so he was just joking with Ammon.)  Ammon's eyes got huge and he said, "I would never - I repeat NEVER break the Word of Wisdom because that's what I've been taught." We were proud of him and laughed. The doctor laughed and then a little later, as he was removing the stitches, the doctor said, "Ammon, how do you get through as much as you have to go through?" Ammon didn't hesitate. He said, "Well, I pray and ask Heavenly Father to help me and to make me brave and strong and that's how I do it." We sooo want to get this doctor to join the church! He one awesome man. I was very proud of Ammon's answers. He didn't look to us for approbation and he didn't question. He expressed himself very well. Now he eats - all on his own. He's doing a pretty good job of it today.


 We went to "This is the Place Monument, Temple Square, dropped by Chelsey's for about 15 minutes and then went to BYU to wander around a bit. All in the way of celebration for Ammon and as a last hurrah for Jared. It was a good day but I'm bushed!
Time for bed. Jim and Jared have to leave about 3:45 a.m. in the morning to get to the airport. I will stay home with Ammon until Jim gets home and then I will go to work late.

2 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

This makes me so happy! What a relief for Ammon and you guys.

Jess Clark said...

Glad he's back to eating food. Remember, he's got a camping trip on my schedule once he's a pro at eating!