Friday, March 23, 2012

Vacuums

I need everybody's input here -- what kind of vacuum do you have? Do you like it? Ours died two days ago so we have to get one this weekend. I don't think there is anything as a "good" vacuum. I think they are meant to work about 2 years and then they die. I know Jason had (or has) the Kirby vacuum. Unfortunately, they are super expensive out here and the way the salesmen go about selling them almost borders on scams so I don't want to go that direction. Mary gave us her old Kirby but it was so heavy it was miserable to use. We've had a Hoover (horrible) and now we have a Panasonic. That one has been almost as bad as the Hoover. I want to get a bagless one but we've heard that they aren't very good. So...... please tell us your pros and cons and give me some advice.
I HATE vacuums.

5 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

We have a kenmore (brand) canister (type). We like it. It was relatively inexpensive. It does have a bag though.

Dave and Tana said...

You know I am going to say Dyson, but they are way too expensive as well. We just lucked out when we got ours because they were getting a new model and the oldest was a lot cheaper at that time. I love that thing though! Other than Dyson I would have no idea....

Jason said...

We still have our Kirby. It certainly is heavy but for the $700 I spent on it, it has been a very good investment. I have heard that Dyson's are quite good.

Adam H. Clark said...

We have the Shark and really like it. Light weight, good power, and easy to maneuver.

Adam

Gillian Mohlman said...

we have a bagless one. it is horrible. The filter gets clogged all the time. I hate it.