Saturday, December 03, 2011

Update

Hi ya'll! I hope this post finds all of you well and happy, anticipating Christmas which is just around the corner. I have a hard time getting in the Christmas mood every year. I love the music but I get really tired of the radio stations just playing the same ones over and over. Today I finally feel in the mood to listen to Pandora and other music stations to hear the sound of Christmas.
Gillian came over Monday night and set our tree up for us and helped decorate the living room. No other rooms are decorated but I don't care - simple is better for me. I can sit on the sofa now and stare at the lights and tree and I love it. Thanks, kiddo, for your help!
I am making really good progress. I have a couple of good days and then have one or two bad days which I think is mostly related to the narcotics. I am slowly weaning myself off them with lots more time in between doses. Since I am only taking the smallest dose, I don't think it will be too long before Tylenol will be all that is necessary. Of course, I may change that tune when I start going down to the physical therapists next week and they have me on a bike, etc. I might have to dull the pain but not sure. My knee is looking pretty good. The swelling is mostly gone but I'm still very tender under the knee and all the way down the back of my leg due to enormous bruising. The bruising is beginning to diminish. It is getting easier and easier for me to sit on a regular chair and I only use the walker in the mornings when my leg is stiff and has not been used for several hours. For the most part, I use a cane or nothing at all. I'm excited to keep progressing. I'm excited to be able to go downstairs (which will probably not happen for several weeks yet).
I am able to help out around the house more now. I can load and unload the dishwasher, cook some meals that don't take a lot of time while standing, make Ammon's bed, help Ammon shower and I can now cath and clothe Ammon as long as I don't do the lifting. I hope that helps Jim a bit more. All in all, I am happy that we're getting past the toughest part of this recovery process. Whew...

I saw this little YouTube blurb today and it made me happy so I'm sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8FvERQHtM&sns=fb

Love all of you.
Mom

2 comments:

gillian said...

glad to have helped put up the tree! it was fun. dont push it too hard, just relax! i'm glad you are getting better though!

Tana said...

Way to go with using a cane already!