dad, you said you didn't have a recipe, so I found one that I know I will like. Now lets get makin it! wahoo!!! this is a copy cat salsa from chilis.
About This Recipe
"You can make this sauce easily at home. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)"
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes ( plus the juice)
- 4 teaspoons jalapenos ( canned,diced, not pickled)
- 1/4 cup yellow onions ( diced)
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In food processor place jalapenos and onions.
- Process for just a few seconds.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
- Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
- Place in covered container and chill.
- A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
- Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.