Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weather Details

As Mom wrote about on the last post, we've had a very wet spring. Wet enough to make even Adrianne cringe! The link below shows the snowpack levels around the state. Both SL and Utah counties are in the Provo River Basin watershed on the attached link. We got 2+ inches of rain in West Jordan in the last storm over the last two days and more snow in the mountains. It's a little odd to be adding to the snowpack in May, but we are.

Our stake hosts an annual camp (called Camp Hope of Israel) but it's in June every year at our girls' camp property up Parley's Canyon past Park City. Unfortunately, we've had weather cancel the camp the last two years in a row and they've already cancelled the instance this year due to the fact that they still have 8 feet of snow up there. The snow will melt by June, of course, but it will be super muddy. We've changed the name to No Hope Camp of Israel.

1 comment:

The Duke said...

No Hope Camp of Israel -- you are funny!
We got a lot of rain even this morning. I've never seen such a soggy place. All the fields near Benjamin have standing water. If I was a little kid again, I'd be in heaven. I used to love to get my boots on in the spring and go stomp in all the puddles I could find. They are in abundance everywhere right now. I was interested in the snow pack on Timpanogos.