Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I DO cringe at all that rain!












These pictures were taken a few years apart. The top two were from a week or two ago--we've had a fair amount of rain since then. The last picture is from Aug. of 09 when Katy came out for a visit. I'm not sure if you can see from the bottom picture but there is just a bunch of ground cover--you can see the dirt on the right of the picture. I've been going to these gardens a lot since we've moved here and I've never seen water here. You can see from the top two pictures that it is totally flooded and the water is beginning to come over the bridge.

Jess is right, I do cringe at all the precipitation you guys in Utah have been getting. You got dumped on with snow this year and now have had a lot of rain. I've heard from other people too about the dams and the fear of all the flooding and I hope that doesn't happen. I swear I'm not trying to one up you with this post. I was intending to post these pictures earlier and then Jess made his post. The thing I cringe over the most isn't the rain or snow (we don't get a lot of snow dumped on us. It just snows for days on end but doesn't dump alot in those days). What I hate is the lack of sun. I like the rain and I like the snow. I just don't like the grey and since grey skies come with snow and rain, I often don't like that either. Just for interest sake I found these links so you could compare the places I've lived in the last six years. (The links aren't working well for me)The first one is Salt Lake City. Notice the average precipitation. The next one is Oklahoma City. Oklahoma gets way more rain than Ohio but they get way more sunshine. The next one is Dayton. It shows we get a fair amount of rain, but the most interesting part to me is the percentage of sunshine it shows we get--not more than 67%! and in the winter, something crazy like 30 something %! That's a lot of grey people. And finally, Denver. So, there you have it. I'm excited to move towards the sun.













1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I love rain it just depends on when.