Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Small Miracle

Last night we had our FHE about planting a garden. We bought a few packets of seeds to start and those we could already plant, we put in small biodegradeable pots we can later transfer right into the ground. The kids were SUPER excited to help with the dirt and placing the seeds. (Wait until weeding time comes around. We'll see just how excited they are then!) We then placed the small pots on a ledge where they'd get sun. As we went to bed I prayed that our plants would be fruitful and produce well this year. I prayed they'd be protected from the elements also.
Well, last night we had a huge rain storm blow through. I didn't know we were supposed to get a nasty storm! It started hailing and blowing like crazy. Geoff was freaked out of course and ended up on our floor again. Meanwhile, our recycling bin was tossed all over. The contents were strewn all over the neighborhood -- along with everyone elses. Then it dawned on me that our plants were probably toppled off the ledge and dumped onto the ground. They aren't big or heavy. Much to my surprise this morning, all the plants were still sitting carefully on the ledge undisturbed. What a nice way to start my day! I feel like my prayer was answered. Even though it wouldn't have been a big deal to replant the seeds and start over, I now have a new opportunity to teach the kids about prayer. Nice to get a reminder that Heavenly Father cares about the little things we do.

3 comments:

Papa Doc said...

What a great little story. I am printing this off and it is going in the back of my little spiritual stories book. This is the kind of small event that is like planting the small seeds which produce great fruit. I'm glad they were protected.
Mom

Papa Doc said...

Amen to what Mom said. The older I get the more significant the little things seem to have been.

Dad Clark

Lokodi said...

I'm glad Heavenly Father is answering someone's prayers. That's where he must be...at your house chelsey. Stop hogging him and let him answer some of mine please.

Lindsey