Monday, February 04, 2008

Yet, another accident, from your accident prone family member.

right after the accident.


So, of course I would be the one with the accident happening to me. I was at Kaitlin's Choir concert on thursday and after the show was over, I went on stage. I was talking to some people and I fell off some stairs and landed on my ankle. Dr. Frandson was there because his daughter is in Ambassadors, so he came to look at my foot. He was sure that it was broken, so told me to come in the next day to get it x-rayed. So, the next day I went in. Luckily, its not broken. Un-luckily, I tore a tendon and some ligaments in my foot. (right foot) If it has not healed within the next two weeks, I will have to get surgery. Ugh. PLEASE NO! I am a walking accident.




6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Geez, Gilly! That looks nasty! How does work go now that you have a hard time standing? Jess

Mike and Adrianne said...

I was wondering about work too. Do they let you sit on a stool all day? What are you doing about work? I hope it gets better soon girlie.

chelsey said...

Good luck! Are you just a naturally clutzy person??? ;)
Hope it heal quickly!

Michelle said...

Ouch, it looks so painful.

I hope you heal quickly and no surgery is needed. I'm sure you know already, but here is something i'm told every time I get injured. The RICE method

Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

Good Luck and hopefully you can cut hair sitting down. Speaking of cutting hair, when we finally come to visit again some day I'll make sure we are all in need of a cut, color and everything else so you can do it, you are getting pretty good at it. I loved your Mom's hair.

Lokodi said...

Hey Gilly,

That foot looks really familiar to me...oh wait, it's not mine because i don't have bruises on it. I just thought it was mine because it looks like a canckle, not an ankle. I have elephantitas, so it really does look my leg and ankles, without the bruising of course. I'm so sorry girl. It's one thing after another with you huh! I hope you get feeling better.

Lindsey

gillian said...

ya. all of this bad luck is starting to get to me, and i'm about ready to give up on life. man. now I cant try out for young ambassadors.