Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome to the "Dutch Boy"

Last week, while our kitchen was packed up, we went out for breakfast at a local pancake house. I was really excited to see this on the menu:

It's a german pancake. I haven't eaten one of these puppies since I lived at home and it was certainly a bit of home on a plate! YUMMY! According to the restaurant, you do NOT put syrup on these. Just squeeze lemon on it or use fruit. Do you even make these anymore, mom? It was always a special treat when we had these for breakfast!

2 comments:

The Duke said...

I haven't made them for a long time. I remember how much we all loved them. When we had so many kids that I needed to put them into a cake sheet type pan, they didn't rise like they should and they were too heavy. These need to be put into a pie pan to make sure they are light and fluffy.
Yum.... maybe I'll try these again. They are super easy and cheap to make.

Seth and Natalie said...

I make these all the time! Got the recipe from Julie, of course. I put syrup on, though, plus cinnamon apples. It's my fav. breakfast.