Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Sunday Pin

This Sunday I taught the Gospel Doctrine class at Sunday School. I started my class with a reference to the lapel pin I was wearing. I had bought it in Dyersville, Iowa, at the Field of Dreams. It said, "Is this Heaven?" and then on the bottom of the pin the answer was, "No, it is Iowa." The class loved it especially since one of the Sacrament Meeting speakers had talked using an analogy from his beloved baseball.

Things were so beautiful in Iowa that think that Iowa is like heaven. I love the farm and the farms there are so beautiful. Perhaps I shall buy a grave site somewhere there for me.

1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

There certainly is something pretty about the Midwest. I loved the landscape of my mission. Didn't miss the mountains and felt very comfortable among the corn, soybeans, alfalfa, and cows. Good times were had by all! -Jester