Monday, May 10, 2010

Gilly's Surgery

I just got back from the surgical center and there's good news -- Gillian did not have any torn tendons or ligaments. There was quite a bit of irritation on the bones and so the doctor shaved all that away but nothing else was wrong. She should have a much quicker recovery - maybe 2-3 weeks instead of the 6 weeks she was worried about.

I left her with Kevin. She was trying to wake up and kept asking us the same questions over and over. It was kind of funny. I'm relieved and happy that she was able to get a blessing from Kevin last night, that he is there with her and that she had a successful procedure.

2 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

That is great for her! I'm glad her recovery will be so much shorter! -Jen

Michelle said...

Hopefully by now you are feeling good. I'm glad it wasn't as serious as they had predicted.