Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Me and Michael--Cause ya know, we're THAT close

Tonight we spent the evening walking around the King of Prussia Mall. It's the largest mall in the US in terms of square footage. So we've been told, it even beats the Mall of America.

While we were checking out the new Ipads in the Apple store, I happened to notice a guy I thought looked really familiar. He was standing just a few feet from me. I realized it was Michael Vick! He had just left the store, so I ran over to Brent and told him to come and check out Vick. Just as I told Brent, half the other guys in the store recognized him. One of the other customers turned to me and said, "Hey, that's Michael Vick." Yep, I know. And I recognized him BEFORE all the guys in the store did. So there!

So, while I don't have a lot of repect for the man's actions lately, I can certainly respect his football skills. Pretty cool to run into him there. The guys in the store were acting like idiots when they realized who he was, and actually chased him into the Gucci store and asked for a picture. Vick said no politely, so I refrained from asking for a photo with my kids. Darn it. That would've been cool.

8 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Way to go on recognizing him, Chelsey! You should definitely be proud of yourself! -Jen

Lokodi said...

I love the king of prussia mall. I have spend many, many waisted (but fun) hours in that mall. You can get lost in there. I also love the cheesecake factory there. I'm so jelous you were there. Isn't it fun?

I definately agree about not liking his personal life, but Michael Vick has skills. It probably helped recognizing him because he's been in the news so much for his stupidity!

Lindsey

Mike and Adrianne said...

He looks familiar to me but I don't even know who he is.

chelsey said...

The guy is a FAMOUS football player, who got arrested for dogfighting. There you go, Adrianne. -Geoff

Jess and Jen said...

He's the backup QB for the Philadelphia Eagles. Way to go Chelsey. I once saw Donny Osmond at the U-haul Store in Provo...(he's short)

chelsey said...

Everyone is short next to you, Jess. But somehow the fact that Donny is short wouldn' surprise me at all.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Ah, I do remember hearing about a football player that got in trouble for dogfighting.

We just don't watch football in our house. I don't mind it but it's not my firt pick by any means and since Mike doesn't watch it...

Seth and Natalie said...

Way to go recognizing him! We watch a ton of football, so I think I'd know him, too. I actually don't think he's all that great at football or dogfighting.