Thursday, September 13, 2012

Leprosy...all my skin is falling off of me (sung to the tune of Yesterday)

I had my first biopsy today! Yay, me! Earlier this year I had a rash of sorts appear on my right eyelid. It itched for a week or so but then stopped and was just red. The rash expanded a bit and left my eyelid and encroached on the skin immediately below my eyebrow. I went to a dermatologist in June and after his inspection, he said, "It's either eczema or skin cancer." He gave me some lotions to apply to the rash for two weeks.

I did the lotion thing and saw no improvement. Life got busy so I finally made it back to the dermatologist today. They numbed the skin around my eye and then took some skin for laboratory examination. (I told Leah about the biopsy and she said, with a big grin, "They are doing science with your skin??) Hopefully, the science gives us some indication as to what's going on!

Lance / Dave: I talked to the doctor about "Caucasian Speckle" and he and his nurse lady both laughed at the name we've attached to this "condition."

5 comments:

The Duke said...

Wow - I hope this isn't skin cancer. You're too young to fight that the rest of your life.

Mike and Adrianne said...

I hope it isn't skin cancer either. Keep us updated.

Jess and Jen said...

Got my results; not skin cancer, but just some damaged skin. Not sure why, and not sure what to do about it, but I ain't dying. -Jess

LanceandNance said...

Ha Ha! I love me some Caucasian Speckle!

Glad to hear the results came back favorable.

chelsey said...

Whew! Good news!