Thursday, June 07, 2012

I am HERE!

Apparently I have fallen off of the face of the Earth. I am here! I am here! I am here! (Name the movie... replace I with we of course).

I have moved home for the Summer to help save money. That is also why my phone is turned off. If you need to get a hold of me here are your options: Email, the Book of Face, Call home or text my iPod (I will give you the number if you really want to via the first three options).

I have been working full time at Central Receiving on BYU campus. It has been nice to really get some money under my belt. I already feel so much better about life.

An update on PAC...
I got a call from Jeanette, the director of PAC, today. We had a conversation about the coming year. My GPA was border lining the line for the team. I could have done it because I was above but after talking we decided that it would be better for me to focus on being a student right now. I totally agree, as hard as not being on PAC this year is going to be and doing the back up team again, I know that this is the right decision for me. The hardest part is going to be talking to those on SPAC/PAC that I am really good friends with that will be on PAC without me.

Having Jeanette call me was the best thing though. She really helped me feel good about the work that I had put into being a better person, a better friend, a better teammate, and a better dancer. She had noticed. She expressed that the next year (the international tour) would be waiting for me when my grades came up.

I will be thinking about being a Young Performing Missionary in Nauvoo but I would like to talk to Jeanette when the time is appropriate about it. I would like to know what she has to think about that and doing SPAC again. So yeah... Not this year. But next year for sure. Saving up for an international tour here I come!

So in the ending of this post, I am alive and kicking! I am keeping this blog updated single handed!

Sorry for falling off the Earth. Now answer me a question, what are all of your excuses? Post an update on THIS blog okay? We all want to hear it... especially the girl living at home with a very small social life at the moment... (but that will change with time I am sure. Yes. It will) Amuse me please.

I love you all!

Thought for the week: This topic has been on my mind for a few weeks now so I thought I would share this from Conference.



The Bottom Line

This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following:
Stop it!
It’s that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children. God is our Father. We are His children. We are all brothers and sisters. I don’t know exactly how to articulate this point of not judging others with sufficient eloquence, passion, and persuasion to make it stick. I can quote scripture, I can try to expound doctrine, and I will even quote a bumper sticker I recently saw. It was attached to the back of a car whose driver appeared to be a little rough around the edges, but the words on the sticker taught an insightful lesson. It read, “Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you.”
We must recognize that we are all imperfect—that we are beggars before God. Haven’t we all, at one time or another, meekly approached the mercy seat and pleaded for grace? Haven’t we wished with all the energy of our souls for mercy—to be forgiven for the mistakes we have made and the sins we have committed?
Because we all depend on the mercy of God, how can we deny to others any measure of the grace we so desperately desire for ourselves? My beloved brothers and sisters, should we not forgive as we wish to be forgiven?
 Is this difficult to do?
Yes, of course.
Forgiving ourselves and others is not easy. In fact, for most of us it requires a major change in our attitude and way of thinking—even a change of heart. But there is good news. This “mighty change”8 of heart is exactly what the gospel of Jesus Christ is designed to bring into our lives.
How is it done? Through the love of God.

 http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/the-merciful-obtain-mercy?lang=eng&query=judging+others

1 comment:

Jason said...

We'd love for you to come to Nauvoo.