Tuesday, May 08, 2012

I Couldn't Resist

   A few months before I came home from my mission in the Philippines Chris sent me this picture. I had requested it of her, but little did I know that it was going to be so wonderful. Funny thing was that her cousin, Conrad Teichert, was near me at the time I opened it and he saw my excitement. He knew that I loved her and he said that my reaction was proof that we would be married. Right he was.
   She is still beautiful to me, and now I know more than ever just how many dimensions her beauty has. I often cannot believe how blessed I am to have been the person that she committed to be with forever!
   She is your mother. What a powerful thing that is! I hope that each one of this family knows just how blessed they are to have been raised by this wonderful woman. She is smart. She is good. She is ambitious. She is spiritually minded. She is full of love for us all. She has to be forgiving, and she is. I still learn from her every day, and I hope you all realize how much of the good in your lives is owing to her.
   Chris does not especially like Mother's Day. It is so full of words, when the real love of mothers is action and your personal display of goodness. The Savior's words, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" is the true analogy of what Mother's Day is to Chris. If you love her, be as she taught you to be.
   I have one more thing to add. Pass it on. Teach those kids you have what she has taught you and even more. Each generation must get better. Chris has given you the inclination and the ability to do this. It will become your greatest joy.

Her eternal companion,
Jim Clark  
   


3 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Dad, you must have written this post before she alerted you of the dandelion in the yard. Cute, nonetheless. -Jess

Mike and Adrianne said...

Ha, Ha Jess. That is EXACTLY what I was going to say!

Jason said...

The dandelion thing was the first thing that came to my mind as well. Too funny.