Monday, December 19, 2011

Family Christmas Party Final Details

I don't mean to take away from mom and dad's anniversary post- make sure you wish them well!

Here are all the final details for the family party coming up this week. This is just the easiest way to communicate with all of you!

It's going to be Friday, Dec. 23rd at 5 pm, at Chelsey's house. 

We are not doing a dinner- just appetizers. There will be plenty of appetizers I assume but if you are worried about your kids needing dinner, just feed them a little earlier before you come.

Everyone needs to bring an appetizer to share. So far, this is what I know people are bringing:

Adrianne: bacon wrapped smokies
Jen: a pizza roll
Chels: A veggie/fruit tray
Me: A Velveeta dip with chips and some pasta/cheese kabobs

So we just need to know what mom & dad will bring (im sure Katy can make something for them so that they don't have to do it) and if Adam and Amy can bring something.

Chels, would you want to make your yummy holiday drink too? I loved it at Thanksgiving!!!!

Anyone can bring more than one appetizer too if you want.

As for the activities, we really wanted it to be a 'family' party this year, instead of just socializing and doing our own thing. So, we will be doing a family program. Each family needs to come prepared to either play the piano, guitar, sing, or read a poem/story that are all Christmas related. We thought that would be a fun way to get everyone involved.

After the program, we will do a white elephant gift exchange. Every family needs to bring ONE gift that is something they have around their house already. Don't go buy something. We will have a contest to see who comes up with the funniest gift. So not one gift per person, just one gift per FAMILY.

Adrianne said she wanted to do this snowman donut activity, and she said she would take care of that activity. So this will be super fun for the kids!

At the end, we will have dad read Luke 2 while the kids act out the nativity scene. Chels even has costumes for this.

It will be super fun and I am really excited. I am sad that not ALL The family can be there, and we will really miss all of you that can't be there!

If you can comment and let us know that all of this works out for you- that would be great. If you have questions, give me a call. Thanks, love you all!


5 comments:

The Duke said...

I had planned to bring some little finger sandwiches (mostly for the kids cut in shapes of snowmen or stars or something) and we'll come up with something else. I haven't decided yet.
I'm looking forward to getting togther. If anyone else wants to have this at their house (Jess or Adam), speak up. I don't want Chelsey to think that she has to be the hostess for all parties. You are welcome to come to our place but it might make it easier for Chelsey to stay up there since her kids don't get out of school that day until 3:00 p.m. Getting together doesn't ever seem to be convenient but that's why it's all the more special - we have to make the effort because we want to be there and see each other. At least that's how I feel. I love to be with all of you and am excited to be up there on Friday.

chelsey said...

No worries here. I'm happy to host the party anytime. I'll do the drink again and the veggie and fruit tray. Sounds like this will be fun. Wish ALL of us could be here!

gillian said...

ok perfect. Mom we just thought Chelsey's might be easist for you since she doesn't have a lot of stairs to go up or down because of that big room she has. But whatever works! I am excited for the drink chels, it is SOOO good. I need the recipe.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Wouldn't it be a cool party is the entire family were there? I am happy to do whatever I need to.

Jess and Jen said...

Jen and I have pretty solid head colds this week. We've been sick since Monday night and we're really hoping we're okay by tomorrow. If not, this may be a party sans Jess and Jen (although I'm trying to convince Jen to drop the girls off and let them partay in our absence).

Jen went to the doctor yesterday and he said she has an ear infection -- just like a five year old. :)