Tuesday, December 09, 2008

PICU AGAIN

Ammon had surgery again yesterday afternoon. Jim will post more today to explain what's going on. He is intubated once again. They used a baby tube to get down there so it isn't quite as uncomfortable. Both vocal cords have issues with granulation and scar tissue. They stretched the area and shot both cords with steroids but it looks like they will end up doing a tracheotomy if this doesn't work within the next couple of days.
Ammon was pretty mad about that tube being stuck in his throat. He wrote on his little paper last night, "I hate my life." I don't blame him right now. I'm still trying to figure out the reason for all his suffering. What else are we supposed to be learning? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to learn anything else through all this. I hurt so badly for him. Right now I'm saying, "This just isn't fair." I do not want him to suffer any more!
I went up last night but since I have to work, Jim is staying up there with Ammon. If anyone wants to call and talk to Jim (or Ammon when the tube comes out), the phone # is 801-662-1000, room 32. You will have to give them a code # to identify yourself as family or friend. The code # is 6795.
Please keep him in your prayers.
Mom

3 comments:

Team Clark said...

We hope you're all doing okay, Chris. We know this isn't just hard for Ammon - it's hard for all of you and you will all be in our prayers.

Jason said...

I so wish we were closer. I hope Ammon knows how much we love his life. We are all praying for him (and you and Dad).

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm sorry you have to go through this Ammon. I'm sorry we can't be there to visit you. I agree with Jason--we love your life. Get better Ammon.