Wednesday, August 06, 2008
My most embarrassing moment
This last Monday, our family was invited to dinner at a ward member's home. The Thatcher family just moved into our ward in June and is trying to get to know everyone by inviting families over for FHE. Apparently it was our family's turn. We knew the Thatcher's a little before this dinner, so it was a nice visit. Bro and Sis Thatcher had made a great Chinese meal for us with all kinds of different things to put on our rice (stir frys, orange chicken, etc.) and an egg drop soup. Everything tasted wonderful! We were asking for the recipe and while I was eating some of the beef, a piece of it lodged in my throat. The beef I had in my mouth had some fat or something on it that I couldn't seem to chew through. Unfortunately, it started down my throat involuntarily. I knew I wouldn't be able to swallow it all without choking, so I just kept trying to break the meat up with my teeth. No go... Suddenly, I was barfing. I covered my mouth and took off looking for the bathroom. I was opening doors all over the hallway looking for the bathroom before everything came up and out! Sure enough, there I was, puking in the bathroom while the 6 Thatcher kids were wondering what the heck I was doing. Great. So now I've been invited to someone's home only barf it all up. I was MORTIFIED!! There was really nothing I could do. Thankfully the Thatcher's didn't seem to think I was a bulemic. I don't think I'll ever live that down. I guess I ought to be grateful I didn't throw up on the table -- or in Brent's egg drop soup!