Monday, April 21, 2008

3rd times a charm -- right??

So yesterday after church we had a get together to wish a family good luck as their father (Bro. Cook) gets deployed this week. He's in the reserves and his unit has been called up to serve in Iraq for a year. So we went to wish him luck. Jake hadn't had his nap (1-4pm is such a terrible time for church!!) and was really tired. He kept laying his head on my shoulder and was a little fussy. All of the sudden, he barfs all down me! Are you kidding?! I'm talking, serious barf. All down the front (inside and out) of my dress, his clothes and the gym floor. Thankfully, he hadn't eaten much for dinner. I thought he was just too tired to eat. Apparently, he just wasn't feeling well. I knew the flu bug was going around, but this was the first sign of it around us.
The ironic thing is this: All three of my kids have now thrown up on me at church. All three. And why at church? Geoff and Sarah have thrown up in sacrament before, and now Jake does it too. And why can't they come down with a fever before they throw up so I have some kind of warning. Now I just look like the mom who brings her kids to church to infect everyone else. Cleaning it all up is disgusting anyway, but when it's ON you it's even grosser. I'm impressed I didn't throw up myself!

11 comments:

Jason said...

Yuck!! I don't care how many times I have had to clean up vomit, it is still as nasty now as it was the first time. I hope Jake feels better.

Jess and Jen said...

Yeah, that sounds disgusting. That sounds a lot worse than what I did to myself last week: on my flight back from Spokane, I got my usual Cranberry Apple drink and, in my talking to the person next to me, managed to spill the entire drink on my crotch. Luckily, I was wearing dark jeans. The top dried by the time we landed about an hour later, but I literally sat in my drink the entire flight. My butt was pretty wet and it was a fun walk through the airport and to my car.

Jess and Jen said...

Sorry Chelsey! That is bad luck! I knew Geoff had thrown up on you at church (and the guy behind you too, right?), but I didn't know Sarah had. No fun! Hope you don't all get sick!

Jen

Mike and Adrianne said...

That is awful. I'm so sorry. My boys threw up for weeks. They would throw up and then not throw up again for another week. It was a mystery to me. I hope he feels better soon!

Team Clark said...

I was that kind of kid when I was little. I've thrown up on my dad numerous times.
I'm so sorry - that's probably one of the worst parts of being a mom!!

Michelle said...

Throw up is never fun. My children seem to throw in the middle of the night over the edge of their beds all over the carpet. Usually it's some bright color so it takes a lot of scrubbing to get the color out of the carpet.

Sorry it happened to you in church. I would have thrown up on top of him, I can't handle the smell, I always gag.


When I was traveling on a plane once with Caleb when he was just a tiny baby he threw up his milk all over me. I didn't pack an extra set of clothes in the carry on, so I had to stink like throw up until we got to Ohio and that was for 2 hours. It was so disgusting. And he threw up on the person next to me also. I felt so bad for that guy.

Jason said...

Hey Jess,

Do you remember how I smelled when you picked me up from the SLC airport for Lindsey's Wedding? That was gross. For the rest of you, I was sitting in the back of the plane and a 5 or 6 year old yawned in technicolor all over me as he was standing in line for the bathroom. I also had neglected to pack extra pants in my carry on.

Jess and Jen said...

Well, no, I thought that was your natural aroma.

"Yawned in technicolor" is a new one for me. The imagery is vivid and isn't something I want to keep in my mind. Thanks.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Will threw up on Mike on a plane the last time we flew and now Mike says that he won't fly with our boys anymore.

chelsey said...

Suddenly I don't feel so bad anymore. Thanks.

Papa Doc said...

Yes, "yawned in technicolor" is a great term. That is amazing. Did your mind just make that up or did you hear that from someone else?

Dad Clark