Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am getting tired of winter

This morning when I took Caleb to seminary, it was 45 degrees outside. It was so warm yesterday that most of the snow on my lawn finally melted. Right now, it is about 20 degrees, snowing, and the wind is blowing. There is actually a blizzard warning lasting until tonight. Why, oh, why can't it just stay in the 40's? Yes, I know, it is January, I live in Iowa, blah, blah, blah. I know Idaho just got pounded, did you folks down south get the same storm? On top of the lousy weather, I think I am coming down with the flu. Everybody in my house except Alyssa has been sick. I was hoping to escape but the fact that I have been sleeping next to a sicko and the fact that my sick boys spent the day sleeping and lounging around on my side of the bed probably didn't help. I really shouldn't complain. My family has been very healthy. This is the first time any of us has been sick in over a year. I consider my family's health to be one of the greatest blessings of my life. It just makes being sick feel so much worse.

Other than that, everything is great in Iowa. I haven't seen a political ad in nearly a month or had to listen to a big city politician try to empathize with small town Iowans (really, what does Romney or Clinton, or any of the others for that matter, know about small town America?).

4 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I'm tired of it too! The storm yesterday was pretty crazy. The snow was blowing in every direction. For awhile I couldn't see the house across the street. I don't know how much snow we got. Part of our driveway had two inches and other parts of it had 6. The sun is shining today and the snow on the roads is melting, but we're supposed to get another storm tonight! Ugh!

Sorry about the flu and your sick family. We had that last week. No fun! Hope you all feel better soon!

Jen

chelsey said...

We've had a realitively easy winter so far. Wind is our major issue here. It's always blowing!!! So regardless of how warm or cold it is it always feels freezing. I saw part of SL's storm on the webcast of CNN last night. Yuck. Those are the days you wish school and work were closed!

We've been pretty lucky not to have the flu here yet. Geoff stayed home with a stomach ache today but nothing ever came of it. Hopefully that's all we'll get. Jake has the usual cold but other than that, we've also been blessed not to have much else than that out here. Good luck with the flu bugs going around! We hope everyone gets better soon.

I just saw our first political ad last night. It was from Huckabee. Is he really still in this race? I like not being inundated with the ads. I wonder who's voting for whom out here. Definitely republican, but which one I don't know.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Our weather isn't too bad. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and it started out at 54 degrees yesterday but by 9 AM it had dropped twenty degrees. That was a bummer. Anyway, I can't complain too much. We don't usually get snow here so I am a little excited to get some but also know that the boys are really tired of being stuck inside so I am really looking forward to the warmth. It gets into the 80's and 90's here around April and then the summers are just so hot and humid. We have the same problem Chelsey has though, we have wind every day so even if it is only 30 it feels much, much colder. I hate that. I hope you all feel better and that the weather starts looking up for everyone.

Papa Doc said...

This is what I think about winter, snow, cold, slick sidewalks, slick roads, broken-down cars, slow mechanics, etc.: #%!!!!...*%$#}!!#...
And everything else in between!!
I didn't even get to work until 10:00 this morning -- had to dig out -- AGAIN! And we still only have one car to run all of us around in the mornings and the nights. Tomorrow the girls are not going to go to school or work -period. I can't miss another day of work and I'm not coming in at 6:45 a.m. and stay until 7:00 p.m.
I HAVE DECIDED I HATE WINTER & CARS!!!
Mom