Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby oh Baby!

I went to my doctor's appointment today (just a normal check-up on the baby). I love my doctor, but the wait is forever! My appointment was at 10:30 and I left the building at 12:34. Kind of frustrating because that's a very normal occurance there. However, she's definately worth the wait. I've never liked a doctor so much in my life. Anyway, the germans are great with pregnancies (of course only until you go to the hospital and actually have the baby. Then you're just on your own!). Every time I go in, they give me an ultrasound. Well, I am now having to go in every two weeks for check-up. Last check-up the doctor did measurements on the baby to determine the size and approx. weight of the baby. He was a little over four pounds, which I guess was ok. Well, today she did the measurements again and the baby is already a little over SIX POUNDS! Heaven help me! To top that all off, she said it doesn't look like I'll be having this baby early at all. If anything, I'll probably have it late. He's still very high. She said she's not worried about his size, he'll just be a really big baby. Easy for her to say, she's not the one who has to push the sucker out! I'm due in six and a half weeks, so I still have quite a bit of time. Eva wasn't even close to being this large at this point in my pregnancy and she ended up being 9 pounds 2 oz. I'll be fine...right?!

5 comments:

Jason said...

Only 6.5 weeks left? That went fast (probably not for you though). Do you have any names picked out? How about Adolf after your Great Great Grandfather? I am sure that is a popular name in Germany, right? Ha Ha Ha. There is always Heinrich - you could call him Heiny for short.

Anyway, I hope all continues to go well.

chelsey said...

Did you ever get checked out for gestational diabetes? Weren't you having blood sugar issues in Utah? You might just have them check it again. You'll definitely have a big baby if you've got diabetes -- and they probably won't let you go too long before you deliver. Good luck! I thought Jake nearly killed me and he was 7 lb 10 oz! You can do this -- just keep telling yourself that! :)

Jess and Jen said...

Sounds like tons of fun for you. I agree with Jason: Heiny sounds like a fun nickname.

Mike and Adrianne said...

I love Heiny too. Your baby is now as big as my boys ever get. I just had to laugh when I read that. I can't imagine delivering that! Poor Lindsey! You are amazing for having big babies without drugs. More power to you!

Lokodi said...

Hey, this time I might just do the drug thing after all. I'm not wonder woman! Heiny huh! ummm...as tempting as that sounds, I don't think so. What do you think of the name Franz? Get it? Hans and Franz, we're here to pump you up! Wouldn't that be the greatest ever?!! No but for real, we are naming him Gabriel Hans Lokodi. What do you think? And Jason, this pregnancy has actually gone by way way way too fast. I'm definately not prepared. If I wasn't scared that he would be too big, I'd say he could cook in there as long as possible. Eva's still way too young and high maintanance. She's definately not a Will Richards, calm and sweet. Ammon calls her Eva Atilla the Hun tornato. If you have questions about that name, ask dad!

They said I don't have diabetes, so I should be fine. I don't feel like I have it either. We'll see.