Monday, November 12, 2007

Jason's Birthday Celebration

I decided to suprise him this year at his work. He doesn't like surprises, but I love to do them, so this is how it played out . . .

The night before (Friday night) I went to pick up Caleb at work. On the way home I stopped at Core fitness to decorate the aerobics room with balloons, streamers and a giant card the children made. Jason is the first one to teach on Saturday at 7:30a.m. so I could leave the stuff set up for him.

Caleb also had to work Saturday morning at 7a.m. which was perfect so I would have some time to pull this off. Jason got up at 6:30a.m. and went downstairs to get ready so he wouldn't wake me. I did wake up and secretly woke the children and told them to get dressed and then get back under their covers to make Dad think they were asleep. Then I got dressed and went back to bed also.

Then the second Jason left the driveway I yelled and told everyone, "Time to get up, Let's go fast!"

We then all raced to the van and went to Core. I plugged in the I-pod which had 4 different Happy Birthday songs so they could play over and over for Jason. The room was dark and we all hid.

When Jason walked in, we all surprised him. It was great fun!!






This is Jason walking through the door.





This is Jason with Jared, Brenden, Alyssa, and Scott. Caleb was at work and Daniel was at a friend's house.

6 comments:

Papa Doc said...

You are always so creative! Kaitlin wants a 16th b-day party, but I don't think I can afford to feed about 50 kids. We are still trying to figure out what we might dom,if anything.
The kids look great and so does Jason.
Mom

Team Clark said...

Very creative, Michelle - glad it all worked out!

Mike and Adrianne said...

That is fun. Mike's birthday is in January. I will have to talk to you to get ideas for his birthday.

Papa Doc said...

do -- the word is do, not dom. Duh. Sorry for the typo.
Mom

Michelle said...

For the 16th BD party, have on the invitation that everyone is to bring a treat to share instead of gifts. The endless food will be amazing. Teens come up with the best stuff to eat and her very closest friends will bring a gift anyway, those that aren't so close will bring the chips and dip and just show up for fun!
Then serve ice water and have a couple 2 liters of pop out along with paper cups and plates so you can throw away the mess. This way she still gets the party, but you don't have quite the expense.

Jess and Jen said...

Oh, one comment from me:

What a hunk of burning 37 year old L-O-V-E!!

Jess (like I said, I'm the gayest person I know)